Accredited TEFL Courses
Getting certified to Teach English abroad can be a little confusing, so I want to make it easy for you to get properly qualified in preparation to start your journey teaching abroad. I have compiled a list below of several TEFL courses that are recognized internationally and are accredited.
A few quick points before you go ahead and choose your TEFL course
- CELTA is a brand of TEFL course and is recognized internationally. It is also required for most teaching jobs in Europe (a generic TEFL course will not be recognized).
- I would suggest taking at least a 120 hour TEFL course to get the most out of your training.
- The course should include at least 6 hours of practical teaching experience
- The course should be taught by an instructor with a Masters Level teaching degree in English Language teaching (MA TESOL) or a DELTA (equivalent of an MA TESOL through Cambridge)
- The course has been accredited by a proper external accreditation body such as TQUK, Accet, IATQUO.
For more detailed information on choosing your TEFL course, you can read my post Get TEFL/TESOL Certified.
The TEFL courses listed below are affiliate links. For more information about this please go to my Disclosure Policy. I am recommending these courses because they provide you with different options and job opportunities. They are also accredited by the proper accreditation bodies. Click on the links below to receive discounts on your TEFL course and choose the course that is right for you!